Iran Responds to US Proposal with 14 Points

By
Iran Responds to US Proposal with 14 Points
Share:

Iranian media outlets said on Monday that Tehran has submitted its final 14-point response to the Pakistani mediator, who will present it to the US side.

Iran’s Tasnim News Agency reported that the US side had recently sent a text responding to Iran’s previous 14-point proposal. Iran’s new text is focused on the subject of “negotiations to end the war and confidence-building measures by the American side”, Tasmin said, quoting a source close to the Iranian negotiating team.

The agency added that the United States has agreed to waive Iran’s oil sanctions during the negotiation period. It reported, “unlike its previous texts, the United States has accepted in its new proposal to waive Iran’s oil sanctions during the negotiation period.”

Similarly, Iran’s top security body announced on Monday the formation of a new body to manage the Strait of Hormuz, which Tehran has effectively closed and wants to charge ships to traverse.

On its official X account, the Supreme National Security Council shared a post for the Persian Gulf Strait Authority (PGSA) saying it would provide “real‑time updates on the #Hormuz_Strait operations and latest developments.” The same post was also shared by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Navy.

Meanwhile, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei said Tehran is working on new mechanisms for crossing the Strait of Hormuz, adding, “Communication is ongoing with Oman regarding the transit mechanism.”

During a press conference on Monday, he said, “The United States and Israel are the threats to the region, and we have no enmity with our neighboring countries.” He added, “We are neighbors to everyone, and we urge everyone to be wary of the conspiracies of foreign parties aimed at inciting discord.”

Addressing the countries of the region, he said, “They have seen that America‘s presence does not bring security, but rather causes insecurity for everyone and jeopardizes development and prosperity.” He emphasized that regional security requires building trust among the countries of the region and working on an internal security mechanism.

He added, “Talks with the United States are ongoing through Pakistani mediation,” noting that media reports and speculations regarding uranium enrichment are neither new nor baseless. (AFP/EIR)

Eagle Intel Report authors
EIR

Eagle Intelligence Reports is a trusted global platform specializing in delivering insightful political and strategic analysis as well as exclusive intelligence to decision-makers, researchers, and audiences engrossed in modern international affairs.

SIGN UP FOR FREE TO EAGLE INTELLIGENCE REPORTS

Exclusive Insights & Reports

Get access to in-depth analysis, exclusive intelligence, and expert reports designed to keep you informed and ahead of the curve on the most important global developments.

By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy.

What to read next...
North Korea Fires Missiles as Trump Seeks Kim Meeting
North Korea Fires Missiles as Trump Seeks Kim Meeting
By
U.S. Secretary of War Pete Hegseth departs following a press briefing at the Pentagon on April 08, 2026 in Arlington, Virginia. It was announced that a temporary ceasefire has been reached between the U.S., Iran, and Israel, pausing attacks for about two weeks while Iran reopens the Strait of Hormuz and negotiations continue toward a longer-term agreement.
Over 770 U.S. Troops Killed, Wounded Since Iran War
By
Israel's Foreign Minister Israel Katz
Israel Warns Erdogan Over Turkey’s “Dangerous Adventures” in Syria
By
U.S. President Donald Trump
Trump Declares ‘Economic D-Day’ Against Iran, Threatens Partners
By
Baden-Württemberg, Karlsruhe: A person is led to a helicopter. A suspected mastermind of the attacks on the Nord Stream gas pipelines had previously had a detention hearing at the investigating judge of the Federal Court of Justice (BGH) in Karlsruhe.
Germany Arrests Ukrainian in Croatia Over Nord Stream Sabotage
By
Yemeni coastguard members loyal to the internationally-recognised government observe as others ride in a patrol boat in the Red Sea off of the government-held town of Mokha in the western Taiz province, close to the strategic Bab al-Mandab Strait
Houthis Plot Bab al-Mandab Seizure, Threatening Global Shipping
By
US President Donald Trump (L) and Canada’s Prime Minister Mark Carney (R)
Trump Pauses 50% Canada Tariffs as Trade Deal Nears
By
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio
Rubio Discusses Hormuz Security with UAE Official
By

SIGN UP FOR FREE TO EAGLE INTELLIGENCE REPORTS

Exclusive Insights & Reports

Get access to in-depth analysis, exclusive intelligence, and expert reports designed to keep you informed and ahead of the curve on the most important global developments.

By signing up, you agree to our Privacy Policy.

Eagle Intelligence Reports
Privacy Overview

This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful.